Wednesday, September 8, 2010

one of the reasons I don't work out is...

the shoes.

As far as exercise goes, I choose not to do anything requiring shoes. Meaning, you can find me doing yoga or swimming.. and by swimming I mean lying on the beach.

Anyway, every time we go on a family vacation, my siblings typically work out together. I get out of this by not having room to pack my running shoes. This excuse usually works. Until today. I am going on an Italy trip with my mom, there is a hike on the agenda and the issue of proper footwear came up.

We shopped around (two malls) and I had a panic attack. So many overly designed shoes with out of control amounts of mesh, neon colors, fat tongues. For some reason athletic shoes have to be futuristic have a million elements to prove they are tough enough to run in. I ended up with a pair of Asics in color Lightning/Storm/Turquoise. Even the color names have to be intense!

Why do they have to be so ugly?! [click images to enlarge]



 


4 comments:

  1. YES! I totally knew my geeky runner-ness would come in handy some day. if only to answer your burning question "what is this hole for?" Well, jamie, that hole is used to make "the runners loop". It basically serves to create an extra loophole to tighten the shoe around your heel/ankle. I use it with every single pair of running shoes i own. End geeky runner talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nerd alert!!! hahah but thanks Jen for answering my question.

    ReplyDelete