Sunday, July 18, 2010

bits of my weekend

Dinner in Koreatown. See that hand on the left with the light blue thumbnail and silly bands? Her silver chopsticks are picking up MINNOWS. The little tiny fish were looking up at us all dinner long. I took one chopstick-bite full and was done. Not a fan of crunchy silvery baby fish.

Traded in my faded golden highlights for my luxe au naturale brunette look.
My sweet before and after hair shots.
Babysat in an Upper East Side apartment with this view of Central Park. We played a game called 'kids on stage' in which we had to act things out like charades. My first card was BACKPACK! How do you act that out?! When doing my very best Oscar-worthy performance, the little boy shouts "Putting on a bra!!!??" awkward. No kid, this is not how you put on a bra... well I guess maybe a racer back bra. You'll learn someday. Once the kids went to bed, I ate some of their chocolate cake and ice cream and a lot of cheese. Just like a good babysitter should.

My favorite weekend activity: leaving the city. This week: The beach! Can you believe how crowded it is?! I am always shocked. Despite how they look in the picture, the waves were big and the water was delightfully warm. While jumping and diving in waves, my foot came across something funny feeling. Seaweed clump? I thought.. I wrapped my toes around it to bring it to the surface. If it was seaweed, I was going to be a pest and throw it on my friends, obviously. As my toes pulled up the mystery ocean object, I had discovered a sunken SOCK! Who the heck wears SOCKS into the ocean?? Gross.


My beach lunch. Very tasty, but probably not the smartest choice of foods when wearing a bikini. And yes, I have a zebra beach towel. Trust me, it was the best option at Kmart.

Cloud watching the puffiest, fast moving vapory clouds at the beach. It's a bird..

it's a plane! .. a very very teensy one. Do you see it?


Hope you had a great weekend too! Now I have the Sunday night blues :-( I wish weekends didn't go by so quickly.

6 comments:

  1. SUMMAH, SUMMAH, SUMMAHHHHHHTIME!

    Bringing new definition to a few days off, that was a packed weekend! I loved every second and now have new incentive to get an iphone! Those cloud pictures were perfectly beautiful! I wish I would have been there, that looked so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how bad do i want that korean bbq!
    ...almost as bad as i want the hot dog. agggggghhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me miss the beach! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely weekend--sounds like a good mix of this and that. City/beach, play/work... and no, I don't think I could do the minnows either. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome weekend! I'd have to skip the Korean bbq though. Not a huge fan of it. But I'm all about snack bar food and I'd have gotten the hot dog and fries too. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all about the blonde to brown, thinking about making the transition next weekend.

    ReplyDelete