Friday, July 16, 2010

wacky dreams & wackier reality

I am an overly imaginative dreamer, and I am always looking for someone to listen to what goes on in my unconscious brain.. so I thought I'd share with the world wide web! You should probably be excited.

My dream last night started in a kitchen. My boyfriend Steve was with me and he was lounging on the kitchen counter but the counter was plush like a sofa. I noticed that Steve had been making odd eye contact, it wasn't fully there. Then all of a sudden it was apparent that he was blind. He had been blind this whole time and I was just realizing it! 'How does he know what I look like?' I thought. 'How has he read my blog? and how has he gotten around without me noticing anything strange?' I wondered. So many questions filled my head. Did he know how to read Braille? How come he had never told me or I never noticed it before?

I specifically wondered how in Braille he understood that :D was a smiley face.

Somehow it never crossed my mind that he could still design beautiful things without his eyesight. He asked for a yogurt and immediately spit it out and said it was spoiled. The yogurt he spit out touched my lips but it didn't taste bad to me. I looked at the container and it had some date in '99 typed on the bottom. I didn't want to tell him the date especially since I knew he couldn't see it. I gave him a glass of water.

Then I was at grad school. I thought I was at some university in Washington, but overheard someone saying that it was in Alabama. I was confused as to where I was, so I decided to go for a walk. On my walk I passed dozens of other students. We were in a desert. I approached golden sparkly rocks and laid my hand on one of them. When I took my hand off the rock, my entire hand was covered in golden sparkly glitter. I wanted so badly for Steve to see it and understand how beautiful it was, but I knew he was blind and wouldn't understand. Then a dirty, large, mangy yellow lab came running beside me and trying to attack me, but there was a fence separating us and he couldn't get through. Another dog showed up and started jumping in and out of the fence as they were pacing me and I was scared. The end.
 
Obviously I know my dreams are weird, but what is weirder are the things that come up when I Google image search for what I see in my dreams. I like learning about odd things in the world. If my brain can come up with wacky things, I love to see even wackier things actually in existence. For example, I searched for the golden rocks I touched in my dream and found THIS peculiar gold nugget! It's like something right out of Dr. Seuss.

This bizarre rock in Myanmar called Kyaiktiyo Pagoda. This is sort of like the one I laid my hand on but it wasn't as big and wasn't wearing a crown-like hat like this one has on. Did you know that this huge golden rock exists in our world?! According to legend, it is perched on a strand of Buddha's hair.

Also, on Tuesday night I dreamed about a yard full of weeping willow trees covered entirely with Easter eggs. My friend Google helped me find THIS! An Easter egg tree in Germany just like what I saw! This one is covered in 9,500 hand decorated eggs!


What will I dream up next?!

2 comments:

  1. maybe you should start short-storying your dreams...it is your creative hour!

    plus, then you'd be even more enviable and I'd be even more jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Funks vote. You would make millions and I cant wait to read your next thoughts everyday

    ReplyDelete