Tuesday, June 16, 2009

adventures in dreamland

I've always been a firm believer in the meaning of dreams, or at least entertained by what my brain can come up with. I also like to look up their meanings and analyze. My main example of significant interpretation is that once when I was in college and deciding whether or not I wanted to break up with my boyfriend at the time, I had a dream I was covered in moths. I asked my go-to dream expert http://www.dreammoods.com/ and it told me that I was feeling unseen irritations and damage. The next day I broke up with him and then that night I dreamed of an amusement park. Of course this meant I needed to have more fun and enjoyment in my life. I took the interpretation to be a sort of confirmation of my choice.Whether it be a sign about making a big decision or just something random and funny, I find pure entertainment in waking up and going to dreammoods to see what's up. But now I'm starting to get a little freaked out. I'm having a hard time remembering what is real and what isn't. I sit at my desk at work and try to remember if there was actually a hairless mouse in my apartment or if it was just a dream mouse. I went to bed at 9:45 last night just so I could go back to my fun fantasy world. I am the lame real-life friend who is obsessed with mice and farm animal dreamland friends.

In the past week I've had dreams about my sister's ex boyfriend dressing up like a clown to surprise her. Another night I had a huge hole in my body that I could look into and see all my internal organs. I had a horse farm and couldn't keep them in their pens, I was trying to kill a hairless mouse with an Old Navy flip flop (which wasn't too successful since the foam is so flimsy). Last night's adventure was me getting my cavities filled but the dentist left me with bloody, falling out teeth so she could give my friend breast implants!

Here's what dreammoods tells me:
Clown: symbolizes absurdity, lightheartedness, and a childish side to your own character.
Mouse: indicates fear, meekness, insignificance and a lack of assertiveness.
Horses:
signifies mystery, wildness and the unknown.
Inner Organs/Guts: a metaphor for courage and your gutsiness.
Cavities: You are lacking self confidence.

So basically in summary I am lighthearted and childish but full of fear and feelings of insignificance. Something about the unknown is mysterious (duh) and I need to have more guts. This isn't so good. Who knew that my dream characters would turn on me and be a blow to the ego and not prove my likeness to Snow White and Cinderella with BFF animal friends.

2 comments:

  1. huh...interesting. a bit creepy w/ the clowns (not a fan)! my favorite though are the hairless mice. SICK. how does your mind think of these things??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You failed to mention the one where I was taking a shuttle to New York but wouldn't meet you at the beach! Good thing there wasn't any moths in that one or you would have broken off our friendship... but there was a moth in that u-haul!!

    ReplyDelete