Tuesday, June 9, 2009

38 minutes never felt so long

I have never been as much of a clock watcher as I am being this afternoon. It's probably because I had the worst sleep of my life last night!

First I was really hot. I tried the one leg out of the covers trick, then both. I am still burning up! Then a sneeze attack begins and have to go blow my nose in the bathroom. Then the light on my iPod speakers is too bright and bothering me. I have to turn it off. I toss and turn a few more times and just when I have maybe found a comfortable position, I hear a buzzing in my ear! I swat at the mosquito but still hear the buzzing coming back to pester me some more. Why do I feel like I am camping? I didn't know mosquitoes lived in NYC.

I pass out for a little bit but wake up to itching all over my body--above my eyebrow, on my shoulder, on my toe! The stupid little ear buzzer just helped himself to a buffet! I must ditch the mosquito.

I pass out on the couch only to be abruptly woken up by CRASHING BASHING thunder and super neon bright lightning! Then comes the pelting RAIN! Each drop's sound is magnified as it smacks my air conditioner. This keeps me up from 2am-4am.

My bug bites itch, I have bloodshot eyes with dark bags underneath. I am cranky.

No comments:

Post a Comment