Monday, June 29, 2009

my credit card's shopping spree

I received a letter from my bank today stating there had been questionable activity with my credit card. I was just in Seattle so I assumed that was it. I decided I'd better call anyway to see what's going down. I logged on to my online banking before calling and didn't really see anything in particular that stood out... except that I bought a few things at Lovers Package in Seattle for my new sister-in-law's bachelorette party. Do they know me that well to know that an adult store is out of my typical spending patterns? That's awkward. I have to come clean to my bank and confess I entered a sex shop. haha I can just hear the bank customer service now.
"There is some fraudulent activity on your account. YOU don't go in sex shops."
"Oh yeah, Bank of America that was me. I was only buying plastic penises for a party. No need to worry. Can you please report to my parents though that sex shopping is out of my usual spending habits, I'm sure my squeaky clean spending history would make them feel good."

I call the 800 number and tell her I was in Seattle and everything is ok. She then lists a series of purchases that I did not make. Eight hundred-something dollars at P.C. Richard & Son, One hundred fifty-seven at a liquor store, several ten dollar purchases at a deli.

I am half creeped out wondering who and how someone did this, but it also makes me laugh thinking of those Citi identity theft commercials where people's voices and purchases don't match their bodies. I envision in my mental image me $157 drunk in PC Richards buying a new TV, Guitar Hero and an AC with a chicken cutlet sandwich and a meatball sub going home for a great night in with my friends. Here's the visual...She did mention the Lovers Package transaction in her list of suspicious charges. Hahah I guess penis balloons and candy garter shopping is just as ubsurd as $800 in electronics.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT?! You didn't tell me about this! I like the picture. hehe

    Also my favorite was the commercial with the biker guy with the high pitched girl voice talking. That was one right? Or am I making it up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahaha....oh my gosh... I love it!

    ReplyDelete