Saturday, December 20, 2008

an ode to Essie and OPI

Like any self indulgent girl, I love manicures. I love the soaking, the cuticle trimming, the hot towel, and the lotioned hand massage. But most of all I love the nail polish colors, especially the names of the colors.

In one of my fantasy jobs, I, with perfectly manicured hands am sitting around a conference room table assigning names to color swatches.

"Meaningless Kiss!" I say to a dark purple plum.
"Cubicle Cutie," I point to the palest, pale pink.
"Cinco de Mayo" I appropriately call to a bright orangey-red.

While this career is only a fantasy, I must confess that nail polish colors do play a big role in my real life. I find enjoyment in selecting my colors to appropriately correlate to the phase of my life at that point.

Since debuting the blog I have been sporting OPI's Brunette on the Internet. When I began dreading my previous job, I alternated Essie's Fed Up and Need a Vacation for several weeks before I quit. Other fingertip frequenters are Essie's Bordeaux for when red wine is vital to survival. Or Essie's Material Girl--pretty self explanatory I think. And Sugar Daddy, because a girl can always hope.

So thanks Essie and OPI for providing all this entertainment right at my fingertips!

3 comments:

  1. I looked up OPI colors and there's even a Russian collection! Ruble for your Thoughts, Suzi says Da,
    St. Petersburgundy, What a crack up. I love your blog and look for a new post every day. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Lincoln Park in the Dark. But I hear black is over.

    ReplyDelete