Saturday, April 25, 2009

glad it was a missed connection

To bring anyone who needs it up to speed, Craigslist has a thing called missed connections in the personals section. This is for anyone to post a little note to the stranger who sparked their interest but didn't have the balls or time to ask for a phone number and now they're hoping to reconnect.

I rarely browse these, but I find them highly entertaining. My favorite one I found today is titled dunkin donuts on halsted 4/23 at about 720 - m4w - 18 and it goes a little something like this:

"hey i no u may never see this but iam giving it a shot i was out side of the donut shop and u was going 2 walk in and it was closed and then u went in dunkin donuts and i hled the door open for you wen u was leaving i think ur cute and u have a nice voice hun so if u happen 2 see this email me back with what kida car u was driving so that i kno its you"

ok... wow. Dear Dunkin' Donuts missed connection boy,
I have so many things to say about this I don't even know where to begin. As I visualize your story you're trying to convey I am not exactly sure what happened. The donut shop was closed so she went into Dunkin' Donuts and you "hled" the door open. There is a DD right next door to another donut shop? I suppose that is the least of my problems with this.

More importantly, how do you write this entire thing in one sentence?! Do you really think any girl with a nice voice is going to be interested in someone who says "no" instead of "know"? You almost got it right when you said "kno" at the end. But seriously, how do you completely neglect punctuation in your posting? And thanks for adding the picture of yourself. That really helps all girls no the kind of guys who can't spell and can't punctuate their sentences. I am glad this was a missed connection, kno offense.

3 comments:

  1. HAHA!! Oh man! I obsessively read the missed connection section! It is so entertaining! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This girl is going to be so confused even if she does see this! She is supposed to email back "what kida car"?!? This connection is definately gonna stay perma-missed.

    Please make this a repeating blog segment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to have to read the missed connections!!

    I love your analysis. Spot on Rooms.

    ReplyDelete