Monday, April 13, 2009

I've lost my magic sight

While perusing Facebook I found this in the archives. Initial reaction was laughter at my awkward 7th grade brother. Memories flashed back of the Sun-In bottle that lived in our bathroom cabinet from 1997-2000. Apparently he had put it to good use back in his junior high days.

My second reaction is "OMG that's a magic eye poster!" And this is when I begin blurring my eyes trying to see what it is behind him. No luck. I used to be really good at seeing these things when I was a kid. So I did a Google image search for Magic Eyes and I think I lost my magic vision skills! I can't see them anymore. I have been sitting here at my computer for at least 40 minutes Google searching different pictures of magic eyes to remaster my skill. Maybe I only imagined I could see them before..? I can almost get it and then everything looks like pretzels for a second then I lose my focus.

I remember when I was little and I would play with the paint program on the computer and would use the spraypaint feature to try and make my own magic eye poster but they would never become 3D either.

45 minutes being cross eyed at the computer screen can not be good for me. Am I the only one who has lost the talent??

4 comments:

  1. I am sad for you! Can you not see the two examples you posted??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on, Jamie. Even I can see them! That picture of Ryan sure brings back memories. I was so glad he grew out of that stage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one is a dinosaur and the second is a shark --- so, "pretzels" is kinda close! lol.

    p.s. I love the image of you trying to make a magic eye on your home computer through paint shop -- squinting your baby-Jamie eyes hoping to see an image suddenly appear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahahaha....oh my gosh...the picture of ryan....lol

    ReplyDelete