Tuesday, April 21, 2009

you learn something new everyday

One of the fancy newer F trains took me home from work today. This is the kind of train that has shiny blue plastic seats, designated wheelchair space, the stops are shown on digital screens, it has a clock and clearly announces each stop and the upcoming stop.

As I sit in my seat trying my best not to stare at my fellow riders too much, I find myself zoning out staring at a small screen displaying random information--what to do if you get sick on the train, what to do if you get sick on the platform, if you see something suspicious say something, etc. Then I catch a glimpse of the MTA rules of conduct which read "Damage subway property - that includes graffiti or scratchitti" Scratchitti?? I had never heard of this before and never knew there was an actual word for when people scratch their names and stuff into the seats and windows. I learned something new! Thanks MTA!

This is a visual for visual learners.

2 comments:

  1. "Scratchitti"??!!! If you say it really fast it sounds like a pasta! YUM...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for new F trains and new vocabulary words! See if you can bring it up in a conversation, casually. Like, "Oh I was reading this scratchitti and it really spoke to me..." I would laugh if you did that. :)

    ReplyDelete