Sunday, December 6, 2009

ponytail lessons

Laina: do you ever wear your hair in a ponytail?
Me: no.
Laina: Why not?
Me: Because I have a weird shaped head.
Laina: Show me. I don't know what you're talking about.
I gather my hair and attempt to show her my weird head.
Laina: Has someone told you that your head is a weird shape?
Me: No, but I think so. Plus all the shorter pieces of hair fall in my face and are annoying.
Laina: You can pin them back. Ponytails are so convenient.
I get a ponytail holder and put my hair up and look at the back of my head with two mirrors.
Me: See, it just looks dumb. It sticks straight out and I don't know how high to wear it. My hair is too short to be in a ponytail anyway.
Laina: It does not look weird! And it does not stick straight out.
Me: Ok, but another reason I don't like them is since I'm tall when my hair is up it makes my head look tiny on a big body. Like a pea head.
Laina: You don't have a tiny head on a big body! Pull it up again and let me see. If you don't wear your hair in ponytails because you think you have a weird head or look like you have a tiny head, that's not true and not a legitimate reason to not wear ponytails. If you don't wear them because you simply don't like them, then that's fine.
Me: Ok, I don't like them.

I swear we've had this conversation before.

1 comment:

  1. K, I feel a little weird commenting again on your blog non-anonymously - but heck...we sorta know each other right?!

    Anyways, I just had to give a shout out that I TOTALLY get the tiny head on body feeling. I feel like I have the same problem! It's like I try to compensate by doing these awful poofy things to my pony-tail and I just look like a doofus. But, from what I've seen of your pics - you, my dear, are darling and it doesn't look like any of that applies to you. I think you should give it a try.

    Tell Laina I say hi (that girl looks so cute in a pony too)!

    Rae

    ReplyDelete