Monday, July 13, 2009

driving-thru and parking in PA

My BF and I flew to Pittsburgh, rented a car and drove to a wedding in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania on Friday. It was pure adventure as we navigated and got lost on the MANY highways of Pittsburgh. (I learned that luckily Dan didn't get too mad at me when I got us lost. Phew!) I have to say, I made a pretty good co-pilot as I routed and re-routed our journey with the help of Mapquest and Google Maps on our Blackberries while I maintained constant good tunes. I also helped Dan make safe left turns and nagged him whenever he looked at his cell phone. "Haven't you seen the movie Seven Pounds?!?!!?!! You have precious cargo in this car!"

Anyway, our plan was to find a Starbucks for a caffeine fix before the wedding until we realized the town we were in. Churches and antique shops were sprinkled on every corner and the closest thing to Starbucks was McDonald's. With a McCafé latte in hand, Dan ever so chivalrously opened my car door for me. This is when I noticed a woman whiz by on an electric wheelchair. Of course this caught my interest and then I realized what she was doing. Wheelchair woman was headed to the drive-thru! As Dan closed my door, in giggles I pointed her out. He must have been just as captivated by her as I was because he mindlessly sat himself down into the backseat rather than the driver's seat because he was staring at her so intently. I had uncontrollable giggles at this point, Dan got into the driver seat and we followed her...




In addition to the wheel chair drive-thru hilarity, we had a great time at the wedding and got to spend quality brunch and park T-I-M-E with besties Colleen and Jake!


Nature shot in my Forever 21 lovely miracle dress


Dan in action getting the kite to fly





We had a great trip driving-thru and parking in Pennsylvania!

2 comments: