Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Miracle on 34th Street

I went to Forever 21 on 34th Street on my lunch break in a desperate search of a cute dress to wear to a wedding. I filled my arms with a few potentials although I was pretty sure everything would be too short and hoochie rather than wedding appropriate.

Then I laid eyes on a mannequin that I hoped would be future me. I had to have it. I did a once, then twice over sweep through the nearby area and didn't see it hanging anywhere. I went back and impatiently stood next to cutie future-me mannequin waiting for a Forever 21 salesperson to walk by. Two girls came my direction pushing a long rack of clothes. I smiled and asked "where can I find that dress?" and pointed to lovely mannequin.

"It should be around here, in this area. If it's not, then it's sold out."

"Can I buy the one off the mannequin?"

"No, I'm sorry." ...damn it. Of course I can't have it.

Just then another employee walked by and thankfully overheard what I was asking for. The two workers conversed in Spanish and the one word I picked out amongst the pointing was Azul. I wanted to chime in so bad because clearly they didn't understand how much I needed this dress. "Si! Azul!! DONDE?!?!?!" is what I shouted in my head. Second Spanish speaker chick lead me to a rack of clothes. She put her arm way into the rack and pulled out my cutie dress! HOORAY!!! I got the last one and I am just now coming down off my shopaholic high!! I feel so silly, but I really feel like the luckiest girl right now!! It was a summer miracle on 34th Street!

No comments:

Post a Comment