Thursday, July 9, 2009

how do they do that in NYC?

There are lots of questions that come up when I talk to people back home in Seattle about life in New York. Such as: "how do you grocery shop?" "How do you do your laundry?" "How do you manage six flights of stairs a day?"

City life is different and always interesting/difficult. Here is something you may not think about but I found interesting today on my way to work.

The city has several flower pots on street corners. I've always wondered who plants them, waters them, takes care of them. I've never seen any gardeners. But, I learned something new--how they are watered! This big green truck drives by and sprays water into the pots!! I found this highly fascinating and it also made me curious why no homeless people were trying to nab a free shower.


No comments:

Post a Comment